Friday 17 October 2014

Artefact

During my planning stage in Module 2 I had put a lot of though into what I wanted to get out of my inquiry and how it would be beneficial towards myself and others. By the end I had decided that I wanted to produce a accurate and genuinely helpful Self-Help Guide out of the information I have gathered throughout my inquiry.

From my research and experience I understand that many dancers do not get support for injuries and if they do, they do not receive the psychological support they need to help them cope. The hectic lifestyle and culture of the dance world mean many won't take time to get help especially psychologically so my self-help guide would try to support and advise dancers on coping with injury no matter have severe it is. I want my self-help guide
to be in the form of a small leaflet like booklet (like the kind you might pick up in the doctor about certain illnesses) which I hope will be easy to understand, be written in a way that looks attractive to the eye and easy to read. This way people can quickly and easily read it without feeling that theres a lot of time and effort involved so that it will appeal to a wider range of dancers as I understand people do not want to ready long books or essays on the subject.

This is my initial idea for my Artefact. Obviously it has to be developed into a more solid plan but I would appreciate any comments and ideas that come to mind.

Thank you

x

No comments:

Post a Comment