Thursday 8 May 2014

6c - Award Title (part 2)

After talking with Alan, he advised me to simplify my award title. This would make it more relevant to my expertise and more beneficial in the future. So this is my revised award title rationale.

I have chosen, BA (hons) Professional Practice (Dance) as my Award Title for this course. Having already gained a Level 6 National Diploma in Professional Dance I have established a profound knowledge in dance and performance, especially in classical ballet. My understanding of the physical and performance side of dance gives me first hand experience into what a dancer goes through psychologically and how that affects them which has aided my learning and inspired me to gain a more comprehensive understanding of the subject. My training has brought me into contact with many people who have had a career in dance and have undergone injury and I have found it interesting to observe the variety of responses shown by the injured dancers and how it has affected them both in the short and long term.

The biggest factor in choosing my Award Title was ensuring that it would be beneficial to me in the future. Although currently I am a performer I want to able to have the option to have a smooth transition into other aspects of dance and I think this award title will aid that. Having a Degree in Professional Practice (Dance) is something that can be valuable in a variety of different jobs within the dance world and I am interested in one day in transitioning to dance therapy. Therefore having a good understanding of dance and the way dancers think will establish a good base to allow me to progress smoothly into a future career.

No comments:

Post a Comment