Friday 11 April 2014

6c - Award Title Rationale

I have written this as my rationale. I have tried to cover all the points I thought were necessary but I am not sure if I have done it quite right. One thing I was slightly concerned about was that my inquiry is more focused on the psychology of dancers specifically with injuries but I thought that would be too much to put in the title so I thought I'd broaden it. Anyway, have a read and see what you think and please comment feedback and any improvements I can make. Thanks you.


I have chosen, BA (hons) Professional Practice (Psychology in Dance) as my Award Title for this course. Having already gained a Level 6 National Diploma in Professional Dance I have established a profound knowledge in dance and performance, especially in classical ballet. Since beginning this course I have focused my research and learning on the psychological aspect of dance as it is something that has always interested me however never had the opportunity or resources to research it in depth. My understanding of the physical and performance side of dance gives me first hand experience into what a dancer goes through psychologically and how that affects them which has aided my learning and inspired me to gain a more comprehensive understanding of the subject. I knew that my title would definitely be based around dance as that is where my knowledge lies but I also decided to add the psychological aspect as that is what I am studying and what I have based my inquiry on. 


The biggest factor in choosing my Award Title was ensuring that it would be beneficial to me in the future. Although currently I am a performer I want to able to have the option to have a smooth transition into other aspects of dance and I think this award title will aid that. Having a knowledge in Psychology is something that can be valuable in a variety of different jobs within the dance world and I am interested in one day in transitioning to dance therapy. Therefore having a good understanding of a dancers psychology will establish a good base to allow me to progress smoothly into a career in dance therapy. Subsequently, the combination of all these aspects resulted in me naming my Award Title Psychology in Dance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment