Sunday 13 October 2013

Task 1a - Continued

Eventually I have worked out, after many attempts, how to fill in the "About Me" section on my profile. They really should make that more simple! So after reviewing comments on my CV blog post and having a look at other peoples blogs I attempted to make a more personal about me section than the one that is on my CV. and if you have a look to your right you may see the finished product. >>>

This also made my think whether what I had on my CV was also too formal and detached. When I possible employer is reading a CV I tried to imagine what they are looking for. The most immediate things that I though of were experience and qualifications which is most likely the first thing they look at, but then I went deeper to think that they are also look for someone who has a good personality and good to work with. I am not sure whether I am going in the right direction with this so I would appreciate people opinions on this but I have altered my person profile section of my CV to try and develop this concept and hopefully it will make me come across as a more personable dancer. I am aiming to keep the formal tone of a CV including all the important aspects but also try and show a bit more about me as a person through my description. I have also taken out parts which after reading through I have decided aren't as important.

This is my original personal profile for comparison;

I graduated from Elmhurst School for Dance in association with Birmingham Royal Ballet under the direction of Desmond Kelly, and have strong classical ballet technique with experience and further training in Jazz, Tap, Flamenco and Contemporary (Graham, Cunningham). I also previously studied at The Dance School of Scotland in Glasgow. I have worked with choreographers such as; David Bintley, André de Villiers, Julian Moss, Gabriel Copeli.

And this is my altered on;

I am a Scottish born dancer trained at The Dance School of Scotland and Elmhurst School for Dance in association with Birmingham Royal Ballet. I have a very strong base of classical ballet technique however I would describe myself as a versatile dancer with experience in Jazz, Tap, Flamenco, Pas de Deux and Contemporary. I have worked with a variety of choreographers learning their repertoire although I also enjoy being part of the creative process and choreography my own works.

So how does that sound? I have still tried to keep it short so that it isn't too much to read as I understand that most employers don't want to read massive long essays for CV's but hopefully it makes me come across a bit more likeable and is a good summary of my skills and interests. I hope this improves my CV.

Please help!

No comments:

Post a Comment