Friday 27 September 2013

Wear it Pink

So last week I did my bit for charity and filmed a flash mob in the Oxford Street Primark for the Wear it Pink campaign for breast cancer. I have never done a flash mob before and I've seen them online in many of the viral videos that circulate youtube, so when I saw it advertised I knew I really wanted to do it.

I always believe in participating in charity events and by that I don't mean that you have to put all your money towards it. Going through life as a poor student and living away from home with rent and bills etc, I understand it's not always viable to put half your time or wages into charity but as they say in the asda advert "every little helps" and I think that this quote it definitely is relevant to charity work because if everyone just put in a little bit it can add up to something remarkable and help many people in need. So I tried to do my little bit.

So the morning began with a very early start with my alarm going off bright and early at 5am so my fellow blogger and housemate Bernie had to put up with grumpy Rohanne  (I am really not a morning person). But I managed to eventually force myself out of bed and get ready for the day ahead.

Having previously learned he choreography over video sent to us a few days prior to the event we arrived at our location and were issued with the outfits we were going to wear. These consisted of a "Wear it Pink" t-shirt and a rather cosy and very pink pig onesie as you can see in the photo above modelled fabulously by Bernie and I. We also had some time before the store opened we had time to rehearse the choreography with the other dancers and ensure we had all the right arm and leg positions so we look in sync when it was filmed and prepared for the public. 

So the moment came about half an hour after the store opened when we had to perform our flashmob while it was filmed and it was so much fun! It caught the the unknowing shoppers within the shops attention and made a big impact which I think is very important to charity events. We had the whole thing filmed with cameras around is doing close up and long shots as we had to repeat it a few times over the morning to ensure that the cameramen had got all the shots they wanted as ultimately it is getting made in a online video.

Everyone from shoppers to dancers to staff in the building had a really good time and Ill heres a link to the youtube clip if you would like to have a look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZjjEi_kDCg

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment