Friday 1 November 2013

Task 2a - Reflective Practice

I had some of the similar feelings about starting a journal as I did starting a blog. It's that recurring question that seems to be coming up a lot recently, 'Where to start?' But this time without the previous hesitation i just dived right in and gave it a go. I think almost knowing that no one is going to read it relieves a bit of that pressure that I put on myself when I know people are going to be looking through your work. 

Transferring my writing skills from screen to paper feels slightly alien to start with because I feel like these days I don't spend a great deal of time handwriting anymore due to the advances in technology. Even thinking back to my later years at school I wrote most of my more substantial essay work on my laptop and only wrote notes by hand. But I am now getting into it and I find it quite therapeutic and knowing that it is aiding my learning and development as a professional it is quite rewarding.

I do have memories of attempting to write diaries when I was young which unfortunately didn't last very long as I think I got all excited for about two days and after that i kind of forgot about it. I hope this time it is more successful! But being 'older and wiser' as they say, I think I understand the benefits much better and I am more driven to keep up my writing.

I am interested to read everyone else's blogs and find out how they are getting on with the reflective aspects of journal writing so far.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely agree with you that you can write easier in your journal because no one is going to read it. The whole topic of ethics and stuff then does not have to be trout of as much as mo one will read it. I have spent the past couple of years also just using my laptop in fact most of my upper school years were spent using a laptop and when I had to write I got aches In my hands. My diary when I was a child was terrible haha I'd love to find it. I can imagine it would say something like

    I love ....
    Ruth and ... Best friends for ever!!! Haha

    ReplyDelete